Different Pages Linking to the Same Page

• All of my different pages link to the same page. When I go to Pages>Edit Pages, it shows me the right page and allows me to edit it. However, when I click on the button to preview it in another tab, it shows a completely different page, not the one I was just editing. Please help.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello @modweb23,

It sounds like there might be an issue with your Permalink settings or the links on your site. Here are a few steps to help resolve this:

Check Permalink Settings:

• Go to Settings > Permalinks.
      • Select a different permalink structure and save the changes.
      • Then, switch back to your preferred permalink structure and save again. This can refresh your permalink settings and resolve any issues.

Clear Cache:

• If you have any caching plugins installed, clear the cache.
        • Also, clear your browser cache to ensure you’re seeing the latest version of your site.

Check Page URLs:

• Go to Pages > All Pages and verify that each page has a unique URL.
          • Edit each page and check the URL in the editor to make sure there are no duplicates.

Deactivate Plugins:

• Sometimes plugins can cause conflicts. Temporarily deactivate all plugins and see if the issue persists.
            • If the problem is resolved, reactivate your plugins one by one to identify the culprit.

Preview in Incognito Mode:

• Open a new incognito/private browsing window and try previewing your pages again. This can help rule out any browser-specific issues.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, please provide more details, and we can investigate further.

Best regards,

1. Hi there!

I’ve checked your site and the issue is due to the page template having fixed content. When you edit templates you have to attempt to edit only the common areas of your page/site (headers, footers and so) while keeping the post content block (which is the block that loads the actually content from the pages themselves). In your case, as this block doesn’t exists, all pages that use the template page showcase only what appears on the template, and not the content from the page itself.

A way to resolve this is either reset the template (as you can see at the beginning of this video) which will load again the default content blocks, or you can add them manually following the later steps of the video.

Best regards

2. Thank you for your help! I truly appreciate it!

3. No problem! With your paid plan, you can contact us by following the steps at https://wordpress.com/support/help-support-options/#how-to-contact-us for any future support needs.

Reply to Different Pages Linking to the Same Page